We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, innovative and experienced Registered Nurse to become part of the Hospital Leadership Team as Nurse Unit Manager to lead in our Womens Health Unit. You will work across all Obstetrics including Birthing unit, Special Care Nursery and Antenatal Clinic and gynaecological surgical procedures to deliver exceptional care.
You will have the relevant experience coupled with a passion to provide excellent clinical care and patient experience and share your knowledge and skills through guidance and support as you lead the team.
As the Nurse Unit Manager, you will experience the challenges and triumphs of:
• Providing ongoing support and commitment to your team to achieve excellence within the service,
• Working collaboratively with your reports in the department,
• Providing excellent clinical knowledge and practice to patients, families, and the team while maintaining strong relationships,
• Facilitating Caregiver development including coaching, mentoring and achieving clinical competencies,
• Coordinating and managing Caregivers (rosters, skill mix, FTE requirements),
• Seeking opportunities for innovative approaches.
Previous Nursing Mangagement experience will be highly regarded.
This position will be offered on a permanent full time basis, working 76 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will have:
• A willingness and ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
• Registered General Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
• A postgraduate qualification in management or the area of specialty.
• Leadership expertise in in relevant speciality.
• Expert clinical / professional knowledge in the area of specialty.
• Ability to work within and contribute to a continuous improvement framework.
• Advanced interpersonal & communication (written & verbal) skills.
• Advanced problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolutions skills.
• Expert knowledge & application of research & best practice principles.
• Demonstrated knowledge & application of financial and human resource management principles.
• Unique and competitive overseas relocation support offered including;
o Assistance with Australian work visas with progression to permanent residency (where applicable)
o A personalised meet and greet and support from a relocation specialist to assist with housing, school tours, temporary accommodation, taxation, banking and settling in
o Up to $10,000 financial relocation assistance for eligible items such as visa fees, flights or shipping.
• Highly competitive salary & conditions, $77,502 to $101,988 pro rata p.a. inclusive of superannuation
• Generous salary packaging options
o Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
o Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
o Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
• A welcoming and supportive culture
• Dynamic multidisciplinary team
• Opportunities for post-graduate support for your chosen career path and interests
• Additional professional development and qualification allowances