(Caseload) to their team on a permanent full-time basis. This position is located in Charters Towers.
About your opportunity:
The role of the Clinical Midwife (Caseload) is to provide primary midwifery care for an allocated group of women, in collaboration with other health care providers, across the continuum of pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-partum period within Maternity Services and in the community.
Charters Towers Health Service is a non-birthing facility, the Midwifery Group Practice clients have antenatal and postnatal care in Charters Towers and plan to birth at Townsville University Hospital.
Generous remuneration package value up to $118,744 p.a. comprising:
• Salary range of $3714.50 to $3977.40 p.f. (Nurse Grade 6, Band 1)
• 35% annualized salary loading
• 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
• 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
• It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
• Proof of qualification, registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
• Postgraduate qualifications relevant to this position or working towards a relevant qualification.
• Demonstrates clinical skills in intravenous cannulation, water immersion in labour and waterbirth, perineal suturing and speculum examination. If not competent in these skills must be willing to undertake the necessary training within six months of commencement.
• Appointees will be required to participate in an on-call roster.
• Possession of class C drivers' licence.
• Travel by light aircraft may be required.
• This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
• 6 month probation period.
• Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
This position is a Caseload Model of Care - Midwifery position, providing continuity of midwifery of care and will require you to work in accordance with the Nurses and Midwives (Queensland Health) Award – State 2015, Caseload Midwifery Model of Care.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Charters Towers is one of the most beautiful inland cities in Queensland, with its unrivalled architecture and unique history, Charters Towers is a surprising pleasure and a delight to live in and visit. Take a step back in time and discover this enchanting outback town which is just an hour and a half west of Townsville. Driving through the streets of Charters Towers is like viewing a living montage of Australian history and heritage.
For a confidential discussion please contact Elizabeth Taylor on 0436 927 204.
Applications close on Wednesday 19 October 2022.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.