Employment Type: Permanent Part Time or Full Time, up to 38 hours per week
Location: Liverpool Hospital
Position Classification: Registered Midwife
Remuneration: $33.13 - $46.51 per hour
Requisition ID: REQ328376
Application close date: 07/08/202
About The Opportunity
Liverpool Hospital is recruiting for an enthusiastic Registered Midwife who will be rotating through various clinical areas including but not limited to Birthing Unit, Post/Antenatal Ward, Special Care Nursery and Antenatal Clinic.
What makes Liverpool Midwifery unique?
Liverpool Hospital has one of the best maternity and birthing facilities in NSW. With numerous models of care available to women and their families, the options for growth and development for midwives are endless.
The midwifery team is supportive of empowering mothers in their pregnancies, labour and post-partum periods and seeks to allow mothers to have natural, safe and informed births. We have the highest rate of spontaneous vaginal births and lowest caesarean section rates amongst all Level 6 tertiary referral units in Australia (Women’s and Children’s HealthCare Australia Collaborative, 2021).
Liverpool Hospital midwifery prides itself on providing comprehensive and innovative holistic care for women, enabling them to have the birth of their choice.
Over 3500 families’ access pregnancy and birth care at Liverpool Hospital each year both locally and those referred for care of complex pregnancies. We are proud of our commitment to provide a service that meets the varied and individualised needs for all women and their families throughout their pregnancy, birth and postnatal journey.
Liverpool Hospital is currently undergoing redevelopment of maternity services. Purpose built, state of the art, women and family focused facilities scheduled for completion from 2023.
About Liverpool Hospital:
• It was founded in 1813 and is the major health service for south-western Sydney, providing services to the local government area of Liverpool City Council as well as district services to residents and visitors in the area. It also provides a range of state-wide services in areas such as critical care and trauma, neonatal intensive care and brain injury rehabilitation.
• The Hospital provides a health service of international standing, with 23 operating theatres, capacity for 877 beds, diagnostic and imaging services, emergency and trauma care, maternity, paediatric, cancer care, mental health, ambulatory care, allied health and medical and surgical services from birth to aged care.
• It is currently undergoing a major redevelopment. The $790 million Liverpool Health and Academic Precinct (LHAP) project will provide enhanced facilities and an increased capacity to meet future significant population growth for South Western Sydney.
• Liverpool Hospital is a principal referral and teaching Hospital of the University of NSW and the Western Sydney University and also welcome students from over 20 universities and colleges.
• Liverpool Hospital is in the heart of Liverpool City and is close to public transport and major shopping centre (Liverpool Westfield’s).
Where You'll Be Working
At South Western Sydney Local Health District we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, where we don’t just accept differences but we honour and support it. Committed to providing a working environment that thrives and values diversity, we encourage people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander background and people with a disability to apply.
How to Apply
For Selection Criteria and information on how to apply, please visit iworkfornsw.gov.au and search for REQ328376
Need more information?
For role related queries or questions contact Tracy Read on (02) 8738 5643, 0460